To connect Kaptivo to a meeting room system such as a Zoom Room, you will need a Kaptivo, KaptivoCast, and HDMI to USB dongle.
Below is a setup diagram showing the overall design and a set of quick steps to get you up and running fast.
Before You Start - get the latest firmware onto your computer
- Download latest Kaptivo camera firmware here so you can upgrade the unit
- Download latest Kaptivocast firmware here so you can upgrade the unit
Next - Get the Kaptivo camera unit working
- Get the Kaptivo camera and control pad physically installed.
- Go to www.kaptivo.com/setup click ‘setup over wi-fi’ – follow wi-fi setup directions.
I am suggesting doing the initial setup over wifi because if you plug it into the network at this point, it’ll start downloading firmware and that could block a manual firmware upgrade...
- While in the admin web interface do a few things
- Camera Tab - Calibrate the camera by selecting corners – press save on top-right
- Network Tab - Select Wired ethernet (note the IP Address if you plan on using self-hosted)
- Device Tab - Name the unit – press save on top-right
- Device Tab - Select Cloud or Self-hosted – prefer cloud given a choice - don’t reboot yet.
- Device Tab - Update the firmware – unit may reboot
- Click ‘leave setup’ on top right
4. Switch back to your regular network connection and go to https://kaptivo.live (or the IP Address if self-hosted) and confirm the Kaptivo is working as expected.
Last get the Kaptivocast HDMI accessory setup
- Physically place the Kaptivocast where it’s going to live, and plug in HDMI-USB converter between the Kaptivocast and your Zoom Room Computer, before powering on (POE or AC).
- Once it is on the network, you should see the configuration screens on the HDMI interface.
- Connect to the web interface at the IP Address indicated on the display.
- Name the Kaptivocast
- Update the firmware -- if the update fails, it might be because its downloading it over-the-air and old firmware just fails, instead of telling you It failed because there was a pending OTA firmware load... try the reboot button, see if it upgraded.
- Click ‘link’ button to associate kaptivocast to the camera (enter kaptivo-id or IP addr if self hosted)
The device will do a cross-auth with camera unit for permission to associate- be sure to confirm the connection.
Thats it. You are done. Any problems, check https://support.kaptivo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013590113-KaptivoCast-Troubleshooting