After you have mounted the Kaptivo, you will need to configure the device. To do so, go to https://kaptivo.com/setup where you will see a screen like this:
If you wish to connect to your network via Wi-Fi, select Set up a new Kaptivo over Wi-Fi option and follow the respective instructions.
To connect to your network via Ethernet, ensure that the Ethernet cable is connected into the back of the control pad and select the Set up a new Kaptivo over Ethernet option. You will be asked to select a connectivity mode between cloud, local network, or HDMI. Please note that local network mode requires an assigned IP address and connecting via HDMI requires a KaptivoCast device.
For the typical cloud mode connection, enter the Kaptivo ID and then the administrator credentials for the device. (The default username/password are admin/admin) After clicking the control pad to ensure device ownership, you will be prompted to change the password.
You will now see the device configuration page. If there are any actions required, you will see them indicated in red. For first-time configurations, for example, you will be prompted to configure the camera. To do so, just click the Calibrate the Camera link on the footer.
In addition to camera calibration, you can configure:
- Pairings: shows other systems that are paired to your Kaptivo
- Network: allows you to select between Ethernet and Wi-Fi connections and their respective settings
- Device: allows you to configure the following:
- Device Name
- Operation Mode (cloud vs. local)
- Timeline setting
- Performance Settings (lower latency mode)
- Firmware upgrades
- Administrators: change passwords or add other users