Q: When connecting Kaptivo directly to a KaptivoCast with an Ethernet cable, I get the message “Your Kaptivo requires a firmware update to connect to KaptivoCast." How do I fix this issue?
A: Kaptivo requires a firmware update to work with KaptivoCast. Please follow these steps to update your firmware.
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable between Kaptivo and KaptivoCast. Use the cable to connect Kaptivo to your regular Ethernet network.
- Download the latest Kaptivo Enterprise firmware from this page.
- Go to kaptivo.com/setup
- Select ‘Reconfigure a Kaptivo already on your network’
- Enter your Kaptivo ID, and press ‘CONFIGURE’
- Log into your Kaptivo’s administration portal. The default username and password are both admin
- Press the flashing blue button on your Kaptivo control pad when prompted
- Select the ‘DEVICE’ page on the left sidebar
- In the ‘Firmware’ section, click ‘Choose File’. Select the file you downloaded in step 1
- Press ‘UPLOAD AND APPLY’
- When ‘Waiting for Kaptivo to reboot’ screen appears, the firmware update is complete.
- Unplug Kaptivo from your Ethernet network. Reconnect the Ethernet cable between Kaptivo and KaptivoCast.
- Restart KaptivoCast.