If you are encountering problems setting up your KaptivoCast, please follow the steps below. If any of the steps fail, please contact support with a description of where it failed along with information about your KaptivoCast including:
- Kaptivo ID found on the base of the Kaptivo camera arm (six letter code)
- Firmware running on the Kaptivo camera (visible in the admin web interface)
- Serial number of the KaptivoCast (found on the label)
- Description of the connection method between the Kaptivo and the KaptivoCast (e.g. point to point or via network)
Start with just power and HDMI connected to the KaptivoCast, but no network plugged in.
1. BOOT SCREEN. This is the first screen you should see on your monitor:
If you do not see the boot screen, please try connecting the Kaptivocast directly to a monitor, and ensure that the monitor is powered on before applying power to Kaptivocast unit.
2. CONNECT SCREEN - After 5-10 seconds, you should then see the Connect KaptivoCast screen:
At this point, connect the KaptivoCast into your network with an ethernet cable.
If you have connected your Kaptivocast directly via point to point cable to the Kaptivo control pad (top deployment option) but this connect screen remains visible, it is likely because the firmware of the Kaptivo is to old to recognize the Kaptivocast.
Ensure that you have updated your Kaptivo camera's firmware to the latest release.
3. CONFIGURE SCREEN - When ethernet is detected, the screen should change to the following screen.
Note: it may take up to 1 minute for this screen to appear. If this screen does not appear, note down what does appear. If the network connection is unsuccessful, try connecting the KaptivoCast directly to the Kaptivo using a CAT5 ethernet cable. If there is no DHCP, the Kaptivocast should self-assign an IP Address of 169.254.102.2
4. ADMIN WEB ACCESS. When you go to the HTTP://IP-ADDR on the Configure KaptivoCast screen, you should see the user/pass prompt (admin/admin) and the admin web interface where you can name the cast.
If you do not get the IP address on-screen in step-3, try getting it from the DHCP server or network switch.
5. ADMIN WEB PAIRING: The last step is to link the KaptivoCast to specific Kaptivo camera units. You do this by inputting the IP Address or KaptivoID if it is cloud connected.
During this step,
(a) Kaptivo cameras should appear in the Discovered Kaptivo’s list. If it doesn't appear until after a pause, please note the length of the pause.
(b) Note too if the list is “stable” or do Kaptivo’s appear and disappear.
(c) If the Kaptivo does not appear, try adding it manually using its IP address
6: SETUP COMPLETE, USAGE ISSUE: the setup is complete at this point.
When you press the blue Control Pad button on the Kaptivo, to start the live view, the board should appear on your screen. When you press the blue Control Pad button on the Kaptivo to stop the live view, the session should stop showing.
If this behavior is not what you see, please note what does occur and report back when contacting support.