KAPTIVO ENTERPRISE FIRMWARE RELEASE 1.2.0
Kaptivo Enterprise Firmware 1.2.0 includes Cast pairing functionality, a new feature that allows Kaptivo Enterprise units to be paired with the KaptivoCast HDMI accessory.
Along with the KaptivoCast hardware, customers can upgrade their Kaptivo Enterprise firmware to this version (or newer) so that the Cast unit is able to detect and link to the Kaptivo.
For those who wish to manually upgrade the firmware including those with Kaptivos in self-hosted mode, you can click here for upgrade instructions.
This release includes the following changes:
Kaptivo Enterprise Firmware (v.1.2.0):
- New layout, design, and color scheme of the config app
- Pairing capability with KaptivoCast
- Ability to enable or disable the Timeline feature
- Fixed minus sign bug in the DNS hostname
- CP button press required to access Kaptivo ConfigApp even when default user is no longer valid
Kaptivo Enterprise Firmware Release 1.1.0
In Self-Hosted mode, Kaptivo functionality remains essentially unchanged including live whiteboard viewing, Timeline feature, inviting others to join, and saving the whiteboard content as a PDF. The Self-Hosted mode requires the Kaptivo to be assigned a fixed IP address within the network, and users on the local network (or connected to the local network through a VPN) can then view and share Kaptivo sessions by pointing their web browser at the IP address of the Kaptivo.
To learn more, you can read our:
- New Self-Hosted sharing mode
- New browser-based live sharing app (for use in self-hosted mode)
- Updated color scheme of config app
- Improved compatibility with enterprise networks (date/time clock fix)
- Removed references to license requirements in config app
- Fixed “admin/admin” bug of the 120 Rush Order upgrades
- Added new OTA disable mode when in Self-Hosted mode
- Fixed SSDP discovery device definition
- Fixed DHCP turning back on when rebooting after being disabled
- Ensured backwards compatibility with BlueJeans pairing integration