Q: When setting up my new Kaptivo in Share via HDMI mode, I get the message “Firmware update required for HDMI operation. Click for more information”. How do I proceed?
A: Please note that Share via HDMI requires the KaptivoCast Accessory (sold separately).
Kaptivo requires a firmware update to support Share via HDMI (using KaptivoCast). Please ensure your computer and your Kaptivo are both connected to your network, then follow these steps to update your Kaptivo’s firmware.
- Download firmware update file
- Go to kaptivo.com/setup
- Select ‘Reconfigure a Kaptivo already on your network’
- Enter your Kaptivo ID (or your Kaptivo’s IP address, if on a private network), and press ‘CONFIGURE’
- Log into your Kaptivo’s administration portal. The default username and password are both admin
- Select the ‘DEVICE’ page on the left sidebar
- In the ‘Firmware’ section, click ‘SELECT A FILE’. Select the file you downloaded in step 1
- Press ‘APPLY’
- When ‘Waiting for Kaptivo to reboot’ screen appears, the firmware update is complete
- Return to kaptivo.com/setup
- Select ‘Set up a new Kaptivo over Ethernet’
- Select ‘Share via HDMI’
- Follow the instructions on-screen to complete configuration
- Now follow the instructions in your KaptivoCast Quick Start Guide