Q: When setting up my new Kaptivo in Self-Hosted mode, I get the message “Firmware update required. Click for more information”. How do I proceed?
A: Kaptivo requires a firmware update to support Self-Hosted mode. Please ensure your computer and your Kaptivo are both connected to your local network, then follow these steps to update your Kaptivo’s firmware. Please note that you will need the IP address of your Kaptivo. Usually, your IT department will assign your Kaptivo a static IP based on its MAC address, which can be found on the back of the Kaptivo control pad.
- Download the latest Kaptivo Enterprise firmware from this page.
- Go to kaptivo.com/setup
- Select ‘Reconfigure a Kaptivo already on your network’
- Enter your Kaptivo’s IP address, and press ‘CONFIGURE’
- Log into your Kaptivo’s administration portal. The default username and password are both admin
- Select the ‘DEVICE’ page on the left sidebar
- In the ‘Firmware’ section, click ‘Choose File’. Select the file you downloaded in step 1
- Press ‘UPLOAD AND APPLY’
- When ‘Waiting for Kaptivo to reboot’ screen appears, the firmware update is complete
- Return to kaptivo.com/setup
- Select ‘Set up a new Kaptivo over Ethernet’
- Select ‘Share via Local Network Only (Self-Hosted)’
- Follow the instructions on-screen to complete configuration