Kaptivo for Zoom Rooms is a service that extends the capability of a Zoom Room by adding live whiteboarding from a physical whiteboard into a Zoom meeting as a content source.
- A Zoom Rooms system with
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room v4.6.2+ for Windows or MacOS
- iPad, Android, or Windows Tablet or Crestron Mercury with v4.6.2+ Controller software**
- A Kaptivo-approved whiteboard camera, running firmware 3.0.0 or later (see Firmware Releases page)
- A valid Kaptivo for Zoom Rooms subscription
- A network connection for Kaptivo camera
- Must have internet connectivity and ability to talk to Zoom Room Computer
- A physical whiteboard, glassboard or white wall
**Embedded Android devices (Neat and Poly), and Zoom for Touch do not currently support the Whiteboard Sharing / Kaptivo option. Please reach out to your Zoom CSM or Zoom Support for more information on when this will be available. (current as of 6/20/20)
Physical whiteboards remain a very popular tool in huddle, meeting and conference rooms. Part of their popularity stems from their simplicity and ease of use. The act of physically writing on a whiteboard is an important part of the creative process for many people and is useful for organising thoughts and creating consensus and shared understanding.
Zoom Rooms provide an intuitive meeting experience through video, audio, chat and content sharing. Through Kaptivo for Zoom Rooms, physical whiteboarding becomes an additional content source for a Zoom Room. The native integration of Kaptivo whiteboard cameras with Zoom Rooms allows for a smooth user experience with no additional hardware required.
Popular use-cases for Kaptivo for Zoom Rooms include:
- Project team idea generation
- Technical interviewing
- Online training