Kaptivo can be directly integrated into a Lifesize video conference room, with the Lifesize Share box.
Before You Start - get the latest firmware onto your computer
Download latest Kaptivo camera firmware here so you can upgrade the unit
Next - Get the Kaptivo camera unit working
- Get the Kaptivo camera and control pad physically installed.
- Go to www.kaptivo.com/setup click ‘setup over wi-fi’ – follow wi-fi setup directions.
I am suggesting doing the initial setup over wifi because if you plug it into the network at this point, it’ll start downloading firmware and that could block a manual firmware upgrade...
- While in the admin web interface do a few things
- Camera Tab - Calibrate the camera by selecting corners – press save on top-right
- Network Tab - Select Wired ethernet (note the IP Address if you plan on using self-hosted)
- Device Tab - Name the unit – press save on top-right
- Device Tab - Select Cloud or Self-hosted – prefer cloud given a choice - don’t reboot yet.
- Device Tab - Update the firmware – unit may reboot
- Click ‘leave setup’ on top right
4. Switch back to your regular network connection and go to https://kaptivo.live (or the IP Address if self-hosted) and confirm the Kaptivo is working as expected.
Last - Pair Kaptivo with Lifesize Share
- Open and install the Lifesize Share device according to product setup instructions.
- Once Lifesize Share and Kaptivo are installed, access the Lifesize Share device. Open a web browser and go to your Lifesize Share URL (for example, accountname.lifesizeshare.com or share.yourdomain.com).
- Select the edit icon to the right of a Lifesize Share from the device list. The Lifesize Share device settings page displays.
- Scroll down to the Applications section and click Pair for Kaptivo.
- Enter the six-digit device code stamped on the Kaptivo camera unit and click Submit.
- To finish installation, press the flashing blue button on the Kaptivo control pad when directed. Your Kaptivo system is now ready to use with Lifesize Share!
Details on the Kaptivo & Lifesize integration can be found here.
Instructions on pairing can be found on Lifesize's site here.