This is the step by step process to setup Okta SSO for Kaptivo.live.
This Document assumes that your Kaptivos are configured and working and have been added to your Kaptivo Insight Management Portal. It also assumes some knowledge of OKTA domain administration.
Step-1: Setup Sign-in to Kaptivo app on customer’s Okta domain
- Go to the Okta domain management portal
- Go to ‘Applications’ tab
- Click ‘Add Application
- A list of ready-made apps are shown.
- Click ‘Create New App’
- Select the following options
- Platform: Single Page App (SPA)
- Sign on method: OpenID Connect
- Click ‘Create’
- On the Next page you are asked to Create an OpenID Connect Integration
- Enter the following details for the new App
Application name: Sign-in to Kaptivo
Application logo (optional): https://kaptivo.live/favicon.ico
Login redirect URIs: https://kaptivo.live/
Logout redirect URIs: https://kaptivo.live/
- Application created.
Scroll down to "client Credentials, and note the ClientID of the application, you'll need this later.
Step-2: Define the SSO Policy
- Log into Kaptivo Insight (https://my.kaptivo.com/)
- Click the Account tab on left side
- Click the '+' in Access Policy pane
- Set up Okta SSO policy
- Enter your OKTA domain
- Enter the ClientID (given in Step 1-6)
- Select Allow External Users To Join (Optional)
- Click Save
You can now apply this new Access Policy to the Kaptivos on your list, by selecting those Kaptivos and clicking the "Access Control" button at the bottom of the list. Toggle the slider on "Use Access Control Policy" and press Save.
Step-3: End-users access Kaptivo
When the end-users access the Kaptivo with SSO access policy for the first time, they will see ‘SIGN-IN’ button on the welcome page.
Clicking the button, the sign-in page or popup window for the target identity provider will be shown.
If you have any questions about the processed outlined here, please reach out to us at Kaptivo support by opening a helpdesk ticket.